Microwave Muffle Furnace
Ash samples up to 97% faster than other muffle furnaces.
Ash samples with unmatched speed and safety with the Phoenix BLACKTM. With an on-board touch-screen interface you’ll save time and simplify workflow. Two powerful magnetrons heat the cavity which allows for exceptional temperature control and lightning fast ramp times. Make rapid adjustments to reduce out-of-specification products and improve your process control.
- Ash up to 15 samples at one time
- Use any type of crucible normally used in conventional ashing systems, even platinum
- Meets requirements of electrical and microwave muffle furnaces
- Ramp to temperature in minutes.
- Go directly from the furnace to the balance with no desiccation step.
- Ash samples up to 97% faster than with traditional muffle furnaces.
- One-step ashing - complete pre-ash inside furnace without the need for a Bunsen burner.
View Sample Ashing Times
- Active ventilation keeps the lab free from soot and odors.
- NIST-traceable thermocouple ensures accurate temperature control.
- Quartz fiber crucibles cool to the touch in seconds.
- Integrated sensors hold cavity door open when furnace door is removed.
Easy to Use
- Easy to program methods with automatic start time and temperature ramps.
- Pair with balance and printer for automatic results – no more manual calculations.
- IQ/OQ/PQ service available for turnkey validation and audit traceability.
- Automated sulfated ashing – simply place samples in the furnace and press start.
Meets Industry Requirements for Muffle Furnaces
The Phoenix BLACK satisfies requirements for methods that specify “electrically heated” furnaces, and also methods that specify “microwave heated” furnaces.
Most Common Methods
- ASTM D874-92 – Sulfated Ash content of Lubricating Oils
- ASTM D5630-94 – Ash content of Thermoplastics
- IP 501 – Fuel oil sample prep by Ashing
- USP 281 – Residue on Ignition (ROI)/Sulfated Ash
- USP 733 – Loss on Ignition (LOI)
- Various AOAC, FDA, ISO, and DIN methods
- And More...
High Temperature Furnace Insert
- Heats up to 1200 °C.
- Holds up to 8 (20/50 mL) or 5 (100 mL) Quartz Fiber Crucibles
High Capacity Furnace Insert
- Heats up to 1000 °C.
- Holds up to 15 (20/50 mL) or 12 (100 mL) Quartz Fiber Crucibles
Crucibles, caps and liners offer the ultimate flexibility.
For low density samples, crucible caps will help to contain the sample and prevent ash from being lost during handling.
2. Crucible Liner
For wet or viscous samples, crucible liners ensure sample does not soak through the crucible.
3. Quartz Fiber Crucible
The fastest, safest, easiest to use crucible in the industry. Choose between 20 mL, 50 mL and 100 mL capacities depending on the size of sample you wish to analyze.